Friday, February 13, 2009

Inspiration From A Postage Stamp

Hi Guys,
Wow, where has the week gone? Time goes so fast when your stampin' up a storm lol!
Yesterday I was at my post office paying of some bills thinking to my self(more or less day dreaming lol)"Just think of all the great SU! things I could buy if I didn't have to pay bills lol"(SU! is always on my mind lol) when something caught my eye



This first day cover envelope form Australia Post(Aust Post release periodically first day covers and stamps to celebrate different occasions, in this case Valentine's Day), what caught my eye was the stamps, specially the second stamp

Here's a close up of the stamps



Then before for I realised 'A Happy Heart' popped into my head and I couldn't wait to get home, grab my stamp set and went on a Stamping frenzy lol!
and this was the card I ended up making taking inspiration from the pretty second stamp



I was so happy with this card and that's hard for me to say that I actually like one of my cards lol!

I'm going to give this card to my Mum to say 'I love you'(see might die with her legs in the air when I give her this, as I'm not a lovey dovey person roflol)

Most Products Used By Stampin' Up!
~A Happy Heart Stamp Set
~Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White Card Stock
~Real Red and Old Olive Ink
~Mat Pack and Scallop Edge Border Punch
~Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon
~Carl Love heart Punch
~Kaisercraft Pearls

It's funny where in the strangest of places you can find inspiration!
I hope you like my card? Thanks so much for stopping by. Till next time have a wonderful weekend! Take Care, Hugs and Smiles
~Kylie~


5 comments:

  1. Kylie.....one word..........BEAUTIFUL!!!


    Karen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie I love your card - the colours are gogeous together and the little heart flower and the "petals" flying away are such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely a card Kylie. I love all of those little hearts on your card. Smiles Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly is a beautiful card. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Kylie! Hope your Mum survived the shock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment, it means the world to me!
Take Care, Hugs ~Kylie~

***I have turned off word verification for now but I might have to turn it back on if I receive lots of spam, fingers crossed that I don't lol!***