I hope your all well and had a wonderful week! It's been a little wet and chilly here in little old Adelaide and if this is a taste of winter...Bring It On lol!
It's time for another fun theme challenge brought to you by AnnaBelle Stamps Blog and this week you need to 'Say It In...
To be honest, I was freaking when this challenge came up lol, doing monochromatic scares the daylights out of me, I seem to never get the 'tones' right lol!
So this time I did a little researching to see what exactly 'Monochromatic' means and if it can help me to create a better card, so off web searching I went and landed at Wikipedia that explains that "Monochromatic colours are all the colours(tints, tones and shades)of a single hue" and goes on to say...
"Monochromatic colour schemes are derived from a single base hue, and extended using its shades, tones and tints (that is, a hue modified by the addition of black, gray (black + white) and white.
As a result, the energy is more subtle and peaceful due to a lack of contrast of hue. Monochromatic colour schemes may be considered boring unless there is diversity within the design.
Mmmmm, now lets see if my card is 'Boring' lol and with this wealth of knowledge under my hat Here's my card:
I don't think it turned out too 'Boring' lol and I used 'Browns' for my Monochromatic card. I also used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch!
AnnaBelle Stamps: 'All Things Grow' Stamp Set, Mixed Brown Buttons(available soon)Brown Satin Ribbon and Chocolate Twisted Paper Cord
Other: Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa and Vanilla Cardstock and Ink by SU!, DSP By SU!, Word Window Punch By SU!, Spellbinders Dies, 3D Foam Mounting Tape, Glue Dots
So would you like to play along with us? Here's what you need to do to play along:
How To Play Along :
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Our Sketch Challenge Runs from the last Friday of a month through till the last Friday of the following month.
- Each Friday in between we have themed challenges. To be eligible for the monthly prize of a $20 gift voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps you MUST take part in the sketch challenge AND one of the weekly challenges.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Include a link back to this blog in your post.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 5 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any challenge several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps, but you can play along without them. For those who use AnnaBelle stamps and upload to the Gallery
HERE then you will also be in the running to be our Monthly Guest Designer!
I hope you can play along with us this week, we always look forward to seeing what you create!!!
Need a little inspiration to get you going? Why don't you visit my fellow AWESOME Design Team Members Blogs and check out their eye candy they have in store for you!
So I hope you can play along!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you on Tuesday for AnnaBelle Stamps New Release Blog Hop, our 2nd for May!
Till next time, Have a wonderful weekend! Take care and Keep Smiling,