Monday, February 16, 2009

Yummy Cupcake

G'DAY Guys,

Hope your all well and got spoiled on Valentine's Day and had a relaxing weekend stamping and creating!

If you read this post and watched the video, you guessed it, I had to give it a go and make my own cupcake.

Boy what a challenge and fiddly and it only took me 6 hours to make with the help from my hubby, which he said never again lol!

So here's my cupcake





and here's a pic with the gift card showing



In the video the lady showed how to do a wet card stock ruffle look for the chocolate frosting and for the cream, I found this quite hard as soon as I wet the card stock the colour runs and ends up in a big mess so I used Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon for the chocolate frosting and white grosgrain ribbon for the cream and it did the job!

I have to say that it didn't turn out to bad for my first go. Hopefully if I make one again(I'm thinking about it lol) I can do it in say in 5 hours roflol!

All supplies came from my stash the only Stampin' Up! product used is Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon.

See you again soon later on in the week. Till then, Have a wonderful week, Take Care, Hugs and Smiles
~Kylie~



7 comments:

  1. Kylie - I am gobsmacked! lol

    You have done a beautiful job there - and well done to your hubby for giving you a helping hand!
    I'm gonna give one a go for my friends birthday -she owns a cupcake business so I reckon she will get a buzz from it!!

    Karen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kylie (and hubby)!! You are so BRAVE - you actually gave it a go and it turned out WONDERFULLY!! How cool is it!! (and I think your ribbon ruffle looks nicer than hers too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is gorgeous Kylie. Yep, my OH would help too but then he'd say 'don't tell anyone' rofl
    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie... this is just fantastic! But obviously you have too much time on your hands!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. OmGosh this is fantastic Kylie!! I've never seen anything like it and I'm amazed - Gorgeous!

    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is so clever - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Kylie! One of the cutest things I've seen for ages! So amazing and so worth the 6 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment, it means the world to me!
Take Care, Hugs ~Kylie~

***I have turned off word verification for now but I might have to turn it back on if I receive lots of spam, fingers crossed that I don't lol!***